MCW Medical Students: HOW TO APPLY
Email the top three services you are interested in (choices listed below). Include if you would like to observe in the clinic, OR, or both, and the dates you are available. (Be sure dates are at least 4 weeks in advance).
Services (please rate top 3 choices):
- Sports Medicine
- Hand & Upper Extremity
- Foot & Ankle
- Total Joint Preservation
- Total Joint Replacement
Please note it may take several weeks to complete your request.
Please read the instructions thoroughly for each item below, then print, complete and sign all documents.
If Observing at Froedtert Hospital (Clinic and OR) and Community Memorial Hospital:
- Education Experience/Department Program Profile & Description Form
- Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin Observer Form
- Copy of Current Immunization history – All observers in a patient care environment will need to provide immunization/vaccination documentation for the following:
- tuberculosis **(within the past 12 months)
- influenza ** (current during flu season; October 1st – April 1st)
- proof of immunity to Rubella, Rubeola and mumps (documented history of 2 MMR’s or documentation of positive Rubella, Rubeola and Mumps titre)
- If observing in the OR, please view the Observing in the Operating Room (OR) document.
Email all required documents to:
Medical Education Coordinator
Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery
Medical College of Wisconsin – HUB
8701 W Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226-3548
If you have any questions, contact Tara Fikejs at: