Hand and Upper Extremity
The Hand & Upper Extremity Fellowship prepares an orthopaedic surgeon for a career in hand and upper extremity surgery. The one-year fellowship offers a broad experience of operative and nonoperative management in a busy Level-I Academic Medical Center as well as in two private practice settings. The fellow will be exposed to a spectrum of pathologies and disorders involving the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder in both children and adults.
The fellow will be responsible for teaching medical students and residents, as well as lecturing at conferences and participating in and facilitating monthly journal clubs. Upon completion of the program, the fellow is required to complete a research paper of publishable quality in basic and/or clinical research.
The goal of the fellowship program is to prepare the fellow for a successful career as an upper extremity specialist and successfully pass the Certificate in Hand Surgery examination.
This fellowship is ACGME accredited.
Roger Daley, MD PhD
Steven Grindel, MD
Rick Papandrea, MD
Dean Ziegler, MD
NRMP Match Program
This fellowship participates in the Combined Musculoskeletal-Hand Surgery Matching Program (CMMP) sponsored by the NRMP.
- Completed an accredited Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
- Must be certified or eligible for the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Must be eligible or currently hold a State of Wisconsin Medical License
Number of Position(s)
One fellowship position available each year.
1 year (August 1 to July 31)
MCWAH Terms, Conditions & Benefits of Employment (2014-2015)
The Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals offers its housestaff a comprehensive benefits package.
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Time and funds for approved conference attendance
How to Apply
- Register with the NRMP’s Combined Musculoskeletal-Hand Surgery Matching Program (CMMP)
- Complete the online Universal Hand Surgery Fellowship Application.
- Provide a Personal Statement
- Provide current CV
- Provide a current photo
- Provide (4) Letters of Recommendation (one from program director and three others)
- Provide a copy of Medical School Diploma
- Provide a photocopy of your current State Medical License
- Submit all information to:
Anne Kinowski, C-TAGME
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
MCW Clinics at Froedtert East
9200 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53226-0099
The Deadline for applications is February 1st
For more information